The Tsunami Gaming Network facilitates both competitive and recreational gaming by providing an ethical framework of resources to gamers including voice services, website hosting, discussion boards, game servers, and more.
We’ve been around for awhile. Communities come and go, and gaming changes, but our identity and friendships remain.
Admittedly, we went through a low-point a few years back when our founder (Fl00d3d) had some big things happen in his personal life. The forums were essentially abandoned, public servers were shut down, and the gaming scene itself changed altogether. The net result was a community that died off pretty quick.
But we hung in there…
Years later we’ve come back. The website has been simplified and updated, the traditional phpBB forums we used for years have been updated to the latest version (finally!) and custom modifications manually removed. We’re pushing social media now more than ever. We expect it will take some time to rebuild the group, but we’re a patient group. We’ve had countless people visit us on Teamspeak just to say hello. People we hadn’t talked to in YEARS, but who saw our Facebook posts or got our email blast from the forums.
POINT IS, gaming should be about the social experience. You want to play games with people who treat you with respect and you want to be a part of a community that has admins with technical experience as well as the resources to grow. We do! We’re not some random kid’s free hosting where you’ll have technical problems and drama. So even if you have your own small community already, we welcome you into the fold. Heck, maybe we can even work out merging you into us. We’ve done it before. More bullet points below!
WHY TSUNAMI GAMING?
In an era where multi-gaming communities are really struggling, why should you want to be a part of Tsunami Gaming? Here’s why:
1. We’re seasoned. We’ve seen what works and what doesn’t work. We’ve hit a peak and experienced “drama”, breakups, community-splits, dying servers, etc. Many communities think they understand these things or can plan for these things, but they simply can’t. It’s one of those things that comes with experience. And we have it.
2. We’re a framework. There’s no magic answer to having a well-balanced community. It’s about the people and their relationships. Games come and go, but friendships shouldn’t. We get that and have designed our whole community around that. That’s why we have people coming back to visit us 5+ years later!
3. Our Founder is picky. Some may think that’s a bad thing, but he has standards and won’t allow problems to poison the well or for the good name of Tsunami Gaming to be tarnished. And that’s important to you as a member of the community. No one wants to stick around a community with a bad name.
4. Technical expertise. A lot of communities don’t have the technical expertise to manage their own web server, code their own website, or setup/maintain their own game servers. They generally pay other people to do it for them, or find someone that does it as a hobby to “hook them up” – and then they end up disappearing down the road and the community falls to shambles. Our Founder is self-sufficient and well-funded. The important things will always be taken care of. And when help is available, they’ll be added to the team to enrich the experience.
5. Donations are not demanded. They’re not even asked for anymore. If you want to voluntarily contribute something monetarily, that’s awesome. But you’ll never be asked. And you certainly won’t be told you have to make a minimum donation to get X, Y, or Z. Gaming is an expensive hobby. Your money needs to go towards the games and the computer/console that runs them. If you’re financially stable and want to throw a little sumptin sumptin our way to help out, we certainly appreciate it. But you’ll never feel pressured to donate here.
The list could go on…
WELCOME TO THE TSUNAMI GAMING NETWORK! WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY!
Want to go deeper in the rabbit hole?
We’ve been at it for awhile. And have had some amazing memories created along the way. A little extra ‘trivia’ for you: after January 1st of 2011, Tsulutions’ software development eventually became Epicenter Game Studios, which is still an active business to this day. Our history isn’t just about living and breathing video games, now it includes making them.
Be a part of our history and become a part of the Tsunami Gaming Network!